Google Calendar – probably the best online calendar you will find.
UPDATE: Get sms notifications of events on ANY calender! In fact, now you can schedule reminders for events on your personal calendar or any other calendar to which you’re subscribed.
NEW: Google calender mobile cellphone version!
Visit calendar.google.com on your mobile web browser.
- Multiple calendars on one account – so you can separate the different parts of your life/schedule (work, home, etc)
- Share events and calendars – You can let a calendar be show to the public or share a calendar with someone.
- Planning an event? – You can create invitations, send reminders and keep track of RSVPs right inside Google Calendar.
Now, the main reason for this post is the SMS/text notifications you can setup for any event! And it costs you nothing!
Staying on schedule
You can set up automatic event reminders, including mobile phone notifications, and instantly bring up anything on your calendar with the built-in search tool.
- Login to Google Calendar with your Google Account details (same as your GMail)
- Click Settings at the top right.
- In the Calendar Settings page click on the Notifications button.
- Then enter your cell phone details and follow the instructions.
- You’re done. Now any notifications you put on an event will come in an SMS/text to your cellphone. All for free!
Poor Google has to foot the bill for all the SMSs sent. I wonder how viable it will turn out to be?